Monday, September 22, 2008

New book recommendation

Whilst I have some reservations about plugging a book in which I wrote the concluding chapter (on 'Implications for Future Reforms'), I do recommend Johan Swinnen (edited) The Perfect Storm: The Political Economy of the Fischler Reforms of the Common Agricultural Policy published by the Centre for European Policy Studies in Brussels. You can now download it for free here:
Book

It was based on an excellent workshop in Brussels which involved some of the Fischler insiders as well as academics. The result is, I think, one of the most informed and authoritative accounts of the Fischler reforms that we have available to us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't find it on the CEPS website. Is it out yet?

Wyn Grant said...

I have a copy, but I think that the launch is early next week.